Maine Car Shipping
Shipping a car to or from Maine? Read what customers say about using Rite Way:
Car Shipping in Maine
Transporting your vehicle to or from Maine
Maine is the northeasternmost state in the U.S. Its rocky coast, millions of acres of forest and many lakes ripe for fishing, send nature lovers and maritime enthusiasts north almost any time of year. Known for its seafood, lighthouses and overall coastal charm, it comes as no surprise that over 25 million people visit the state every summer.
It’s not just the warm weather activities that appeal to tourists; Maine has a rich history that has to be both seen and experienced. If you find yourself gravitating north for a permanent move or seasonal vacation, it will help to have your car to get yourself up and down the coast to see, taste and feel all Maine has to offer.
What to consider when shipping a car in Maine
Rather than driving through the rough, rocky terrain of Maine yourself, you may want to look into professional vehicle shipping services. Auto transport takes the stress out of moving and traveling and ensures that your car, truck, recreational vehicle or snowmobile gets to its destination on time and safely.
What factors do you need to keep in mind when planning your Maine auto transport? When comparing pricing for different carriers, be prepared with your vehicle type and year, pickup and delivery locations and the desired shipping time frame. All of these elements will determine appropriate shipping accommodations and final cost. Here are insights to help you find a quality, professional transport service.
Choose the best Maine auto transport company
An alternative option to contracting directly with a carrier to arrange your vehicle shipment is to work with an auto transport broker. Brokers have the knowledge, expertise and network of qualified carriers to save you time and money and relieve you of the frustration of researching multiple carriers and comparing options on your own.
Looking for a leading broker to help you with car shipping in Maine? For over 16 years, Montway Auto Transport has been assisting people ship their vehicles by securing a carrier that best matches their needs and budget.
To get a free instant quote for your Georgia car shipping, visit our website or call 1-877-688-8801
Fun facts about Maine:
- Maine has 3,166 off-shore islands, only 1,200 of which are over an acre in area.
- Maine harvests the largest majority of the lobster in the United States. The University of Maine even has its own Lobster Institute, dedicated to the study of these sea animals.
- Geographically, Maine is larger than the other five New England states combined.
- Maine is the only U.S. state with one syllable, but no one knows how exactly it got its name. Some believe it was sailors’ shorthand for “mainland.”
- Developed as a result of over-farming, Maine has its own desert, spanning 40 acres outside the town of Freeport.
Maine tourist attractions:
- Acadia National Park houses the tallest mountain on the Atlantic coast, Cadillac Mountain. Inhabitants of the area go back more than 10,000 years.
- Over 150 family-owned oyster farms comprise the Maine Oyster Trail, each with its own unique experience.
- Founded in 1962, the Maine Maritime Museum features indoor and outdoor exhibits, including the interactive lighthouse experience, which gives a sensation of standing on top of a lighthouse.
- On the topic of lighthouses, the Portland Head Lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth is the oldest lighthouse in Maine, completed in 1791.
- Just across the river in Canada is Roosevelt Campobello International Park, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt’s summer home, staffed and funded by people of both Canada and the United States.
Best beaches in Maine:
- Old Orchard Beach spans seven miles of sand, full of family fun like mini golf, parasailing and biking.
- The charming town of Kennebunkport is nestled along the ocean and the Kennebunkport River, offering a variety of activities from whale watching to antique shopping.
- Ogunquit is a sandy peninsula with grassy dunes. Along with opportunities for sun and relaxation, the town hosts a museum of American art and a musical theater.
- A small and rocky island, Monhegan Island welcomes visitors to stay in one of its cozy inns or cottages, dine along the wharf and shop for handmade jewelry and other trinkets.
- Wells Beach brings a traditional East Coast beach experience, featuring tidal pools and marshes, seagrass and a jetty popular with those who like to fish.
Nebraska Car Shipping
Nevada Car Shipping
New Hampshire Car Shipping
New Jersey Car Shipping
New Mexico Car Shipping
New York Car Shipping
North Carolina Shipping
North Dakota Car Shipping
Ohio Car Shipping
Oklahoma Car Shipping
Oregon Car Shipping
Pennsylvania Car Shipping
Rhode Island Car Shipping