Virginia Car Shipping
Shipping a car to or from Virginia? Read what customers say about using Rite Way:
Car shipping in Virginia
Transporting your vehicle to or from Virginia
Virginia is home to many famous beaches that must be seen and experienced. While some enjoy lying in the sand catching rays or splashing in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, others prefer to drive up the coast with the wind in their hair. And what better way to take a joy ride than in a classic vehicle?
If you live in Virginia and purchase a classic car from another state, you need to figure out how to get the vehicle to your home. Vintage or classic vehicles are by definition older and enthusiasts know to avoid putting too many miles on them—meaning you won’t want to drive it across the country just to get it home. Classic car shipping is an ideal way to safely move your new prized possession.
What to consider when shipping a car in Virginia
Shipping a classic car requires special considerations beyond those of shipping a standard vehicle. After all, you want to protect your older, more fragile car from weather and the elements while in transit. This is why enclosed transport is generally recommended. An enclosed truck or trailer provides peace of mind knowing the vehicle has more protection against the elements.
Open transport works well for everyday vehicles such as sedans, SUVs or trucks. This type of transport is also the most common and cost-effective. Over 90% of truckers operate an open auto transport trailer, which means there are more carriers available to pick up your car. To understand your options and figure out what vehicle shipping method best accommodates your needs, work with a professional auto transport company.
Choose the best Virginia auto transport company
Unless you’re an expert in auto shipping and have all the equipment of an experienced carrier, we recommend teaming up with professionals. Since your car is probably one of your most valuable possessions, you shouldn’t just work with any company. Find one who has extensive experience and a high number of positive online customer reviews to prove they have a solid reputation in auto transportation.
Montway Auto Transport is a fully licensed and bonded broker with over 15 years of experience and 64,000+ online customer reviews. With an A+ rating from the BBB and an average 4.7-star rating, you know that you—and your treasured vehicle—are in good hands.
To get a free instant quote for your Georgia car shipping, visit our website or call 1-877-688-8801
Fun facts about Virginia:
- Also called the “Mother of Presidents,” Virginia is the birthplace of eight United States presidents—more than any other state.
- At 34 acres, The Pentagon, in the city of Arlington, has three times the floor space of the Empire State Building and is known as the largest office building in the world.
- One of the most well-known state slogans is “Virginia is for Lovers,” created in 1968 as an ad campaign. The campaign generated an estimated $800 million in tourism.
- The Mountain Lake Lodge in Pembroke is where some scenes of the 1987 movie Dirty Dancing were filmed. Today it still offers “Dirty Dancing weekends” with themed activities.
- The annual Pony Swim at Chincoteague is a unique event where spectators watch local “Saltwater Cowboys” herd wild ponies across the Assateague channel.
Virginia tourist attractions:
- Extending along the Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah National Park has over 500 miles of trails, along with the famed Skyline Drive that runs the length of the park.
- Colonial Williamsburg is the largest outdoor living museum in the country that offers authentic 18th-century experiences. Take a carriage ride, explore folk art collections and view the “Fifes & Drums” march.
- Arlington National Cemetery is a famous military cemetery, where President John F. Kennedy’s grave and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are the most visited sites.
- Busch Gardens theme and water park has fun for all ages, including roller coasters and rides, live events and water playgrounds.
- The mission of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is to collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret art to enrich the lives of Virginia locals and visitors.
Best beaches in Virginia
- Virginia Beach is the largest city in the state, with a three-mile boardwalk, museums, historical sites, entertainment, exciting nightlife and an up-and-coming food scene.
- Assateague Island is a barrier island, home to herds of wild ponies as well as sandy beaches, maritime forests and outdoor recreation.
- Cape Charles is a small, friendly town with calm and shallow waters. Indulge while getting exercise by paddling to Chatham Vineyards for a wine tour and tasting!
- Rent jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards at Buckroe Beach in Hampton or grill out and have a picnic while the kids play on the nautical-themed playground.
- River and beach town Colonial Beach is known as the “playground of the Potomac,” where its Ferry Landing District offers waterfront dining, souvenir shops and prime fishing spots.
Nebraska Car Shipping
Nevada Car Shipping
New Hampshire Car Shipping
New Jersey Car Shipping
New Mexico Car Shipping
New York Car Shipping
North Carolina Shipping
North Dakota Car Shipping
Ohio Car Shipping
Oklahoma Car Shipping
Oregon Car Shipping
Pennsylvania Car Shipping
Rhode Island Car Shipping